Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Friday Night Who UK: 1st July 2011

In my last post, I spent quite a lot of time talking about Doctor Who, and why I thought it was such a good show. It turned into something of an essay, and ended up a lot longer than I'd meant it to be. Right at the end, I mentioned a couple of things that I didn't have time to talk about, and one of them was Friday Night Who.

Friday Night Who UK is a weekly fan gathering that me and my friend Mark set up recently, and it's great fun. The idea is simple; every week, on Friday night, we watch an episode of Doctor Who simultaneously. We synchronise at the start, so we're both at the same point in the episode at any given time. Then, while we're watching the episode, we go on twitter, and tweet out about the episode. It really is fantastic fun - we have hilarious conversations about each story, and it's a great way to get a weekly dose of Who. We welcome anybody who wants to join in; we usually start at 7pm-ish, UK time, on Friday night, (about 1pm across the pond), and send out a 'start now!' message via twitter. It'd be great to have some more people join the conversation.

If you want to participate in this weeks Friday Night Who UK, then be sure to follow me at @KingOrokos on twitter, and also my friend Mark at @VortexTravel. Also, look out for the #FridayNightWhoUK Hashtag, and the hashtag for whatever episode we're watching. This week, we're watching the Peter Davison story The King's Demons, so you'll be looking for #TheKingsDemons as well.

Remember that: Follow @KingOrokos and @VortexTravel, and use the #FridayNightWhoUK hashtag, every Friday night at 7pm UK time. This week, use the #TheKingsDemons hashtag and watch along with us!

Oh, and if you're wondering why we call it Friday Night Who UK, instead of just Friday Night Who, it's because the 'proper' Friday Night Who gathering is an American creation, done by the Travelling the Vortex podcast. This isn't really the time to talk about them, but for now I'll just say that they're an amazing Doctor Who podcast, and very much worth listening to.

Thanks for reading, and be sure to join us this Friday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment